The International Leadership Association (ILA) and the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) are pleased to co-sponsor the annual Kenneth E. Clark Student Research Award to recognize outstanding unpublished papers by undergraduate and graduate students. The award is named in honor of the distinguished scholar and former Chief Executive Officer of the Center.
The winner of this year’s award will receive:
- $1,000 cash prize.
- Travel and Lodging (up to three nights) & Complimentary Registration to ILA’s 24th annual conference, Online Oct 6-7th, 2022 &/or In Person in Washington, DC set for 13-16th October 2022. Conference theme is Wisdom in Times of Crisis – Conference Details
- Complimentary 1-year ILA membership.
- Recognition at the ILA conference and in various multi-media ILA publications.
Submissions may be either empirically or conceptually based. Multi-disciplinary approaches to research are welcomed. The paper should focus on some aspect of leadership or leadership development. Submissions will be judged by the following criteria:
- The degree to which the paper addresses issues and trends that are significant to the study of leadership;
- The extent to which the paper shows consideration of the relevant theoretical and empirical literature;
- The extent to which the paper makes a conceptual or empirical contribution; and
- The implications of the research for application to leadership identification and development.
Please read submission requirements carefully.
Papers must be authored and submitted by graduate or undergraduate students only. All authors must currently be students or must have graduated within one-year prior to the submission deadline of 5:00 p.m. EDT Sunday, 15 May 2022. CCL staff and papers submitted to other CCL awards are ineligible. All entrants must:
Upload three PDF formatted documents (other document formats will not be accepted)
- The first PDF should only include the manuscript with the title of the paper on the first page. Do not include the author’s name or contact information.
- The second 2-3 page PDF should only include the abstract with the title of the paper on the cover page.
- The third PDF should be a letter on university letterhead from one faculty member certifying that a student wrote the paper. All three PDF documents should be attached to the submission form and sent together. Separate attachments will not be accepted.
Papers are limited to 30 double-spaced pages, excluding title page, abstract, figures, tables, and references. Papers above this limit that are not completely doubled spaced are not be eligible for the Award and will not be reviewed. Papers should be prepared according to current edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
Papers will be reviewed anonymously by a panel of researchers associated with CCL. In the absence of papers deemed deserving of the award, the award may be withheld. Entries (accompanied by faculty letters) must be received by 5:00 p.m. EDT, on Sun, 15 May 2022. The winning paper will be presented at the 2022 ILA Conference, Online Oct 6-7th, 2022 &/or In Person in Washington, DC, 13-16th October 2022.
Submit entries at https://ccl.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_01kxdEsuUPcGJ1k
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance.