The International Leadership Association (ILA) and the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) are pleased to co-sponsor the annual Kenneth E. Clark Student Research Award to recognize outstanding unpublished papers by undergraduate and graduate students. The award is named in honor of the distinguished scholar and former Chief Executive Officer of the Center.
The winner of this year’s award will receive:
- $500 cash prize (to be share if there are multiple authors).
- Complimentary Registration to present online at ILA’s 25th virtual annual conference, Vancouver, Canada set for 3-4 October 2023.
- Complimentary 1-year ILA membership.
- Recognition at the ILA conference and in various multi-media ILA publications.
Submissions may be either empirically or conceptually based. Multi-disciplinary approaches to research are welcomed. The paper should focus on some aspect of leadership or leadership development. Submissions will be judged by the following criteria:
- The degree to which the paper addresses issues and trends that are significant to the study of leadership;
- The extent to which the paper shows consideration of the relevant theoretical and empirical literature;
- The extent to which the paper makes a conceptual or empirical contribution;
- Articulacy in writing and presentation; and
- The implications of the research for application to leadership identification and development.
Please read submission requirements carefully.
Papers must be authored and submitted by graduate or undergraduate students only. All authors must currently be students or must have graduated within one-year prior to the submission deadline of Monday, 15 May 2023. CCL staff and papers submitted to other CCL awards are ineligible. All entrants must:
Upload three PDF formatted documents (other document formats will not be accepted)
- The first PDF should only include the manuscript with the title of the paper on the first page. Do not include the author’s name or contact information.
- The second 2-3 page PDF should only include the abstract with the title of the paper on the cover page.
- The third PDF should be a letter on university letterhead from one faculty member certifying that a student wrote the paper and a short statement (150 words or less) conveying why this paper should receive the award.
All three PDF documents should be attached to the submission form and sent together. Separate attachments will not be accepted.
Papers are limited to 30 double-spaced pages, including title page, abstract, figures, tables, and references. Papers above this limit that are not completely doubled spaced are not be eligible for the Award and will not be reviewed. Papers should be prepared according to current edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
Papers will be reviewed anonymously by a panel of researchers associated with CCL. In the absence of papers deemed deserving of the award, the award may be withheld. Entries (accompanied by faculty letters) must be received by 5:00 p.m. EDT, on Monday, 15 May 2023. The winning paper will be announced August 1 and will presented at the 2021 ILA Virtual Conference, set for 3-4 October.
Submit entries at https://ccl.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0NZhxpgJ2tDFPoi
Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance.